Who will be the 2017 Pulitzer Prize Winner for Fiction?
April 4, 2017
The 2017 Pulitzer Prizes will be announced on April 10th at 3:00 PM EST. The names of the finalists are not released ahead of time, and so the winner is a surprise every year. For ten years we have been posting a prediction list prepared by a fellow Pulitzer collector and research scientist. The list is the product of a regression analysis that weighs a given book's performance in other book awards, as well as the author's past award and nomination history.
Here is the final prediction list for the 2017 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.
1. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
2. LaRose by Louise Erdrich
3. Imagine Me Gone by Adam Haslett
4. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
5. Moonglow by Michael Chabon
6. Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue
7. The Association of Small Bombs by Karen Mahajan
8. What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell
9. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
10. The Nix by Nathan Hill
11. The Sport of Kings by C.E. Morgan
12. Christodora by Tim Murphy
13. Missile Paradise by Ron Tanner
14. An Unrestored Woman by Shoba Rao
15. The Unseen World by Liz Moore
Comment on our lists, or offer your own opinion about who you think will win the 2017 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction: